Butternut Squash and Fennel Sausage Shells
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 48 MIN | MAKES: 5 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
20 jumbo shells, uncooked
1-1/2 tsp. fennel seed
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 container (16 oz.) BREAKSTONE’S Cottage Cheese
1 cup frozen butternut squash, thawed
1 jar (15 oz.) alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°
- Cook pasta shells as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, toast fennel seeds in medium non-stick pan until fragrant, about 10 sec. Add sausage, onion, garlic, and thyme, cook until meat is browned, about 8 min. Remove from heat. Add cottage cheese and squash; mix well.
- Drain shells; stuff with meat mixture. Spread alfredo sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with shells and mozzarella cheese. Cover.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil and broil on HIGH until cheese is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Serve with a side salad and garnish with fresh herbs.
(Per Serving) 590 calories, 30g total fat, 15g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 105mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 8g sugars, 23g protein, 0%DV vitamin D, 20%DV calcium, 10%DV iron, 4%DV potassium.
*Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.