Effective Date: June 9, 2022
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. If you are a California resident please see the additional disclosures at the end of this Policy.
A. Information You Provide
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including when you visit our Sites, use the Services, access our content, register an account, enroll in our mailing lists, participate in a contest, sweepstakes, games, surveys or promotions, view or purchase products, contact support or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Services. The categories of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data: Your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
- Credentials: Your username and password, and similar security information for account creation, authentication and administration.
- Demographic Data: Your date of birth to ensure you are not a minor.
- Payment information: When you order products or services through the Site(s), we will collect the personal information that is necessary to process your payment, including your credit card details.
- Order information: When you order products or services through the Services, we will collect information about the products or services that you have purchased and the amounts paid. If you create an account to access the Services, we will also collect and store your account’s preferences, interests, order history and account identification.
- Correspondence: If you have questions or require help with the Services, we will collect and store your communication with us and any information provided to us in such communication. Since electronic communications by their nature are not always secure, we encourage you to avoid sharing sensitive information in your electronic communications to us.
- User Contributions: You may also provide information to be published or displayed or posted on public areas of the Sites, including, without limitation, Lactalis’ social media accounts (“User Contributions”). User Contributions could include recipe or product feedback and ratings and recipe exchanges. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be advised that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
- Sweepstakes & Contests:If you participate in one of our sweepstakes, we may require you to register and provide us with personal information and certain other information including a username and password. This Policy applies to sweepstakes we may administer online including through Facebook, Twitter, or other social media or digital platforms. We will use the information you provide us for purposes including administering the sweepstakes and purposes disclosed at the time of registration. You should carefully review the Official Rules of any sweepstakes or contest in which you participate. You may also choose to review the policies of the social media platforms on which any of our sweepstakes or contests may run, such as Facebook or Twitter, as they may contain additional important and applicable information.
- Promotional Emails. We may ask if you want to receive such promotional emails from us during a sweepstakes or promotion registration process or other features on the Services. If you want to receive our promotional emails, you will be asked to provide certain personal information and areas of interest so that we can fulfill your request.
- Refer a Friend. In addition, we may give you the opportunity to tell your friends about certain features or information on our Sites. If you take advantage of our “Send to a Friend” option, we will ask you for your friend’s and your first name and e-mail addresses to send the information to them that you requested.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Services. We also use service providers and business partners to collect this information. The categories of information we automatically collect include the following:
- Service Use Data, including data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data includes your IP address, MAC address and other device identifiers.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and precise location data (such as latitude/longitude).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Services.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Services and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience and supporting security features. Additionally, some persistent cookies allow us to reach you with advertising off the Services. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
Some information about your use of the Services and other sites and apps may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services. This information may be used by us and others for purposes such as to associate the different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on and off the Services.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
C. Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. To the extent we combine information from other sources with information we have collected about you through the Services, we will treat such information in accordance with this Policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data, if any. The categories of sources from which we collect information include:
- Affiliates, such as Lactalis family of brands and companies you have interacted with.
- Data brokersfrom which we or our vendors purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networkswith which you interact, such as when you reference Lactalis or our Services, or grant Lactalis permission to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partnerswith which we offer co-branded services or products, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, including data in the public domain and data available in open government databases.
- Online social networksif you follow Lactalis, or any of our brands on social media sites, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok or Pinterest. We may collect personal information when you communicate with us within the social media sites or use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our Sites (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media) or when you click “Share This” or “Like” buttons. We think it is important to point out that if you make a post on a social media site, such as on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, or identify us in your social media feed by tagging us using a hashtag (#) or “at” (@), your personal information may be publicly available and is subject to the privacy policies of those social media sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit to understand the data collection and practices of those third parties.
- Third-party service providersthat support our business, including companies that help with our marketing efforts, analytics providers, advertising networks and cooperatives, third parties that share information with us about the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we collaborate or work with.
How We Use Your Information
The purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- To operate our business and manage your online purchase: We may use your personal information, including your name, mailing address, email address, date of birth and payment information, to manage your purchase and payment, validate that you are of the minimum age to make the purchase and send you notifications regarding delivery or pickup. This use of personal information is necessary to fulfill the service of managing the order and delivering it to you according to our terms and conditions.
- To provide you support and communicate with you: Your personal information, including your name, email address and correspondence will be used in order to provide you with support as required. For example, if there is a problem with your order, we will use your personal information in order to work to rectify the situation. We may also send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages. We may also use your personal information to conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- To send you offers, news and updates about Lactalis: We may use your personal information, including your email address, to send you notices and/or emails to notify you of and allow you to participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and products. Our electronic communications with you will comply with applicable law and you will always have the option to unsubscribe from such email communications.
- To maintain, develop and improve our business and the Services: We may, as an example, periodically send you an email to solicit your feedback about the Services and the content therein. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from such emails. Furthermore, your personal information such as technical information, your use of the Services and the details of your purchase may be used to create statistics in an aggregate form that no longer identifies you. Statistics and statistical analysis will be used in order to develop and improve our business and the Services to serve you better. In additions, we may monitor and analyze trends and usage of the Services.
- To fulfill our legal obligations: Lactalis is required to follow the laws of the jurisdictions in which we do business. This means that your personal information will be collected to the extent necessary for us to fulfill our legal obligations, including with respect to tax and record-keeping obligations. We may also use your personal information in order to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- To protect our interests and legal rights: We will use your personal information where we believe it is necessary to protect and enforce our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, including in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions.
- To market to you: We may use your personal information to develop and send personalized content, newsletters, advertisements, direct marketing and promotional communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, and events.
- In connection with a merger or acquisition: We may use your personal information in connection with certain corporate events such as a potential merger, sale of company assets, financing, insolvency or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your consent: Your personal information may be used for purposes other than those stated above if you make a request or provide us with your consent, unless such use is authorized by law. For instance, you may use the Services to connect with third party services in which you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
How We Share Your Information
We share information we collect in accordance with the practices described in this Policy or as permitted by applicable law. The categories of parties with whom we share information include:
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law.
Links to Other Websites.
Our Services include links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. In addition, we integrate tracking technologies operated or controlled by other parties into parts of our Services.
Some examples include:
- Offering our content through social media.
- “Liking” or “sharing” our content over social media or registering or logging-in to the Services through your social media or email account.
Any information you provide to us when you engage with our content (such as through our brand page on Facebook or Instagram) is treated in accordance with this Policy but also remains subject to these other entities’ privacy policies. If you publicly reference us or the Services on social media (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Lactalis in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Services.
Analytics and Advertising
We use analytics services to help us understand how users access and use the Services. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our Services as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Services and your rights and choices regarding analytics, Interest-based Advertising please see the “Information We Collect” section above and the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Your Rights and Choices
A. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals.
B. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/, or downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads often give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
C. Promotional Communications
Emails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. Please allow 10 business days to honor your request.
The Services are intended for a general audience and not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at LHD_Privacy@us.lactalis.com. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA.
We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA (as defined below), the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or modification. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you collected through the Services.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number, or mailing address. We would be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
Lactalis Heritage Dairy
540 W. Madison Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60661
Attention: Consumer Relations
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise these rights unless certain exceptions apply.
A. Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, email address, phone number, and online identifiers (such as IP address and device identifiers).
- Commercial or transactions information, including records of products and services purchased, obtained, or considered, and your engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our websites, emails, applications, and advertisements.
- Employment and education information, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted interests, characteristics and preferences.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information Collection” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above, including to manage our Services.
We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. To the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include the activities set out in this Policy, such as those disclosed in the “Analytics and Advertising” section above, we will comply with applicable law as to such activity. We disclose the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics, commercial or transactions information, internet activity, geolocation data, and inferences drawn. To the extent we sell your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. Please review the “How We Share Your Information” section above for further details about the categories of parties with whom we share information.
B. Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident (and not a business representative), you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
You also have the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our online form available here or email us at LHD_Privacy@us.lactalis.com, with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
C. Right to Opt-Out
As mentioned above, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information or emailing us at LHD_Privacy@us.lactalis.com with the words “California Right to Opt-Out” in the subject line.
D. Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
E. Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
F. Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in the “Contact Us” section above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.