Banana Nut Muffins
PREP TIME: 15 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 39 MIN | MAKES: 16 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’S Sour Cream
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large banana, cut into 16 slices
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, mashed bananas and eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into 16 paper-lined muffin pan cups. Place 1 banana slice over batter in each cup, pressing banana gently into top of batter to secure.
- Bake 22 to 24 min. or until toothpick inserted into centers of muffins comes out clean; cool 5 min.
- Remove muffins from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
(Per Serving) 240 calories, 11g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 40mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 15g sugars, 5g protein, 4%DV vitamin A, 2%DV vitamin C, 2%DV calcium, 6%DV iron.
*Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.